Get ready for a grand Mexican-style food fiesta that will send you straight into a siesta!
Our Mexican Fiesta Team Building multi-course cooking class grants you the opportunity to learn how to make authentic Mexican dishes from scratch – tortillas, salsa, and all! You'll never miss the pre-made stuff after learning to prepare it with fresh and simplified ingredients!
Whether you've got an upcoming birthday or anniversary or simply want to reward your employees for their hard work, our team building cooking courses are a great way to bond as a group and learn new skills together.
During this unique team building activity, our expert chef will guide you through the origin and rich history of ingredients you'll be working with – many of which are native to Mexico. You'll receive guidance on preparing, chopping, sautéing, and serving artfully crafted Mexican dishes with your team members, sipping beverages, and sharing laughs along the way. You'll learn top-notch culinary skills and garner knowledge that you can carry with you back to your dinner table once you decide to take another stab at the impeccable Mexican dishes, you'll have learned during this cooking class.
Try your hand at shaping corn and flour tortillas, and take a walk on the wild side to blend commonly used spices to make the perfect mole and enchilada sauces, a supreme accompaniment to the chicken you'll be cooking. But that's not all–you'll also learn how to make classic Mexican fish tacos and pork tamales, and close out the night with some crunchy yet soft homemade churros. If your mouth isn't drooling already, just wait till the aromas seep into your nostrils–it's utterly irresistible.
More information on the dishes you'll be learning to cook:
- Corn and Flour Tortillas: There is nothing like taking it back to kindergarten and engaging in activities where you use your hands. During this team-building activity, you'll combine flour and dried corn dough with a sprinkle of salt and water to be formed into incredibly soft and fresh tortillas. You'll feel as though you're playing with Play-Doh, in the best way possible.
- Chicken Mole & Enchiladas: You'll learn two diverse ways to prepare traditional Mexican chicken dishes using sauces that are out of this world. Not only will you be learning how to make the homemade enchilada sauce, but you'll also be using your fresh handmade tortillas as a vehicle to stuff all the goodness inside, making the experience that much more authentic. For the mole, you'll learn to balance richness with savory and sweet complementary flavors and spices, including cloves, cinnamon, anise, dried chilies, coriander, and their most important ingredient, all–chocolate. Both dishes are served with garnishes and melt-in-your-mouth cheese.
- Fish Tacos: You better come hungry to this team bonding cooking course because the lineup continues with fresh classic style Mexican fish tacos. You'll find the perfect balance of crunch from cabbage, and pico de galo and the softness of the fish–freshly squeezed lime juice is highly encouraged for this dish.
- Pork Tamales: The fiesta doesn't stop there. Prime yourself for dessert with some juicy shredded pork tamales gently stuffed inside masa corn dough and lightly drenched in green or red chili sauces for a slightly spicy flavor. You'll steam them to soft tenderness and serve them with a decadent sauce and a sprinkle of herbs for garnishing.
- Churros: once you've adequately filled your savory stomach, it's time to move on to your second stomach–the sweet one. Enjoy carefully prepared homemade churros that deliver a combination of chewiness and airy quality. The churro is lightly dusted with granulated sugar and a dash of cinnamon and tastes even better with the homemade sauce you'll be dreaming about for weeks.
Who needs a trip to Mexico when you can bring Mexico home?
Book now, request more information or check the variety of cooking team building activities Selfup has to offer in NYC!
If a cancellation or rescheduling request is made within 30 days of the event, we can only issue a 50% store credit.
If a cancellation or rescheduling request is made less than 7 days before the event, no refund or store credit will be issued.
If a guest in the party can no longer come, this is considered a cancellation. Cancellation rules apply to guest count.
Maximum number of reschedules for both private and public bookings is limited to 2.
All cancellation and rescheduling requests must be made in writing via email at email@example.com. All phone calls will be redirected to writing an email.
All events which have been rescheduled are no longer eligible for a cancellation. All events to which the guests are 25 minutes late or more will be considering a no show and the ticket cost will be forfeited by the client.
There will be no exceptions to these rules.
If we cancel a class for any reason, we will provide a list of similar times for rescheduling. If this does not suit the guest's needs, Selfup will provide a full refund.
We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather, instructor illness, or low enrollment.
If a participant is unable to attend a class, they may transfer their registration to another person.
Adding product to your cart
FIND MORE SELFUP ACTIVITIES
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $120 Sale
- Unit price
FIND MORE SELFUP ACTIVITIES
All team building events are private.
Any time you have a question we're here to take care of you.
100% Money Back Guarantee
We promise you will be satisfied, or we will refund 100% of your booking.